Thursday, January 30, 2014

Class 2: Flying Jerk

I think I'll make these classwork posts a tradition. They're quite fun!

Mindless Writing:


The massive dodger man came to be a slight problem for the villagers on occasion. He doesn’t know when to stop dodging those fiery balls. If you throw a ball at him he might jump, he might dive, or he might do a little dance, but you’ll never see him do anything besides dodge. He was also huge. That’s right, two skyscrapers high, this creature knows how to be nimble. The villagers wouldn’t mind him so much if he knew how to make a cup of tea but goddamn is he ever lame in that department. When I was younger my grandpa used to tell me he was a flying jerk.

Writer's Commentary: Not the slightest idea where this came from!

Beach Comic:
Driftwood and the Ghost


1st Panel: A ghost and a piece of driftwood at a beach
2nd Panel: Closeup of the two characters. Ghost exclaims "It's time to crossover, Sir Driftwood."
3rd Panel: Extreme closeup of Driftwood's face who yells "NEVER!!!!!!!!!"
4th Panel: Far shot of the two characters on the beach. Driftwood falls to the ground making a THUNK
5th Panel: Really wide aspect ratio of Ghost dragging Driftwood to the ocean.

A Page From Another Script:

For this exercise I did a page from a classmate's script of the Yellow Wallpaper.


I thought she did a really great job of explaining what she wanted on the page while still leaving the artist some wiggle room for creative freedom. The caption says "I don't know how many days have passed since I woke up."


No comments:

Post a Comment