Thursday, January 23, 2014

Class 1: Mad Ups

I know these warmup exercises weren't meant to be blog-worthy but I had fun with them so I thought I'd post 'em!


Mindless Writing:


I like chocolate milk and sometimes when I look deep into my chocolate milk’s eyes I feel things. Just like that night on 41st street: It was a dark and lonely night. The neighbor’s cat was barking at the moon. Don’t know why it barked. It was a strange cat. That night was the first time I had ever seen a giraffe soaring like a beautiful angel through the misty clouds billowing up through the sewer drains. I watched as it kept going on its way. I don’t know where it was going all I know was I wanted to break that giraffe. Nothing on this planet should be so majestic. So I took up my glass of chocolate milk and sipped. Ahhhh. Pure chocolately delight.

Writer's Commentary:
I would never hurt a giraffe. I love them. Just like chocolate milk.

Separate Sentences:

When I watch another human I tell them to shut up. If I was a dancer I’d be damn good.  The house is nothing but a loft on stilts. Sugar isn’t as sweet as some may think. For the night, we change our ways, for the day we stay the same.  Can we please get some toast in here?  How did the mongoose truly kill the serpent; with love? To be a gross person is to know yourself more than any other.

Writer's Commentary:
I would dance my heart out, people.

4 Panel Comic:
1st Panel: Giraffe, stage left, and Horse, stage right on the basketball court
2nd Panel: Close up of Horse. "You have mad ups Mr. Giraffe."
3rd Panel: Close up of Giraffe, visibly upset. "It's MRS. Giraffe to you!"
4th Panel: Wide shot of Mrs. Giraffe dunking and getting that sweet 2 pointer 


 6 Panel Comic:
1st Panel: Wide shot of shapes at a celebratory "Shape Awareness Day" party
2nd Panel: Crop to just Circle and Triangle, who is casually holding a glass of whiskey, neat. Triangle asks, "Have you seen what I can do?"
3rd Panel: Cut to the Great Pyramids of Egypt. "I'm pretty famous!"
4th Panel: Cut back to Circle and Triangle now boasting of his strength "Some say I'm the strongest shape there is!"
5th Panel: Quick cut back to Pyramids now being decimated by a round meteor
6th Panel: Back on Circle and Triangle. "I doubt that." exclaims Circle. Triangle, shocked, drops his flexed arm to his side and lowers his whiskey with inner turmoil.


No comments:

Post a Comment